GETTYSBURG SHARKS SWIM TEAM
2015/16- Winter SWIM SEASON
|About Us||Contact Us|
|Winter SWIM SCHEDULE/RESULTS:|
The Winter Swim meets begin December 12th @ ACWS
|Date:||Opponent:||Score:||Location:||Warm Up Time:||Meet Start:|
|12/12/15||ACWS w/ EPAC||ACWS||TBA||TBA|
|01/16/16||Big Springs||Gettysburg||8 am||9 am|
|01/30/16||LVO||Gettysburg||8 am||9 am|
|Central Penn Aquatics League Home Page|
|Mid Atlantic Swimming/USA Swimming|
|Capital Area Swim League (summer)|
|Helpful Parental Advice|
|2014 Summer Practice Schedule|
|Program Objectives and Goals|
|Practice Setup and Goals|
|Best Times and Team Records|
Winter Swim Season has started; "There be Sharks in these Waters"!
Parent Meeting/Suit Fitting?>
Our first Parent Meeting will be held on Tuesday November 3rd at 6:15 pm. Note Cy’s will be here that night for the TEAM Suit Fitting from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm and will have swim supplies, practice suits, goggles, etc. available for purchase in addition to ordering the team suit. We really appreciate it if at least one parent attends the parent meeting. We will be discussing mandatory Volunteer Clearances, Fundraisers, Meet Schedules, etc. We also would like to fill a few committee chair positions and the VP officer position. Please contact Donna Newell at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to help out with the swim parent association.
***Please register as soon as you
can. Our coaching staff the first week will depend on # of
registered swimmers! If you are
doing a fall sport/activity, but will still do Sharks, that is absolutely
a-ok! Just let us know an estimated start date for your swimmer, and
please register at the YWCA prior to coming to practice.
REGISTRATION IS GOING ON NOW!***
Our winter season will start October 19th. Practice times and levels will remain the same.
Mini Sharks- while not affiliated with the Sharks Swim Team, this can be a great place to start, if not quite ready for the team. See YWCA website for more info.
Sharks Swim Team Levels
Level 1- beginners and those still working on strokes. Ages 6+ (note, we will take younger swimmers- please schedule a tryout by calling Cora at 717-334-9171 ext 129).
Monday- Thursday 545-630pm
Recommended Attendance- 2-3 nights/week
Level 2- beginner-mid-level swimmers who are able to successfully do all 4 strokes. Ages 8+ based on ability
Monday- Thursday 630-745pm, Friday 530-630pm
Recommended Attendance- 3+ nights/week
Level 3- mid-advanced swimmers. Ages 11+ based on ability
Monday- Thursday 630-8pm, Friday 530-630pm
Recommended Attendance- 3-4 nights/week
Level 4- advanced swimmers. Ages 13+ based on ability
Monday- Thursday 6-8pm, Friday 530-630pm
Recommended Attendance- 4-5 nights/week
There are several current swimmers who we will contact about Level Placement.
- Caps for those with long hair (order forms will be available mid-late October)
- Team Suit- info will be sent out at a later time
- Equipment for all USA swimmers and highly recommended for Levels 2/3. Info sent out at a later time. (fins, paddles, pull buoy, snorkel, etc.)
- Parent Volunteers. We will be in need of volunteers for every meet. These opportunities will be discussed at 1st Parent Meeting (held late Oct/early Nov). We will definitely need Stroke/Turn Officials. Trainings will be held at various locations within our League late October/November. When these trainings are announced, we will pass that on. BUT, new laws require most parent volunteers obtain their PA Child Protection Clearances. I'm sure this isn't the first time you've heard of these. Again, more info will be sent out at a later date.
- Dual Meets- we will have 5-6 of these this season. These mandatory meets are held on Saturday mornings. All swimmers are expected to attend most/all. We will have 1-2/month beginning in December and going through early February. No additional fee.
- End of Season Championship meets- these are optional. They will be held in mid-late February. Highly recommended. No additional fee.
- Optional Invitationals- 1-2 of these meets will be available to attend. There is a nominal fee/event.
- USA meets 3-4 will be available. All USA
swimmer will be
Co-President: Sherry Grenchik
Treasurer: Brad Hyde
Meet Manager: Jen Hyde
Snack Bar: Emilie Ketterman
USA Coordination: David Dudenhoeffer
Anyone interested in helping please let us know as we are looking for more volunteers.
Sharks Coaches: Megan Maslowski, Kevin Hardy, Brad Hyde, Kelly Brainard, Raquel DeAngelo, Rita Rice, Tyler Konstalid, and Kasey Parkman
|Page last updated: Tuesday, October 27, 2015 7:59:05 PM|